Ingredients for White Fruit Cake Recipe
- 4 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped orange peel
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Pinch of salt
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add gradually to the creamed ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chopped almonds, orange peel, coconut, raisins, and lemon extract.
- Fold the beaten egg whites gently into the mixture.
- Bake in tube cake pan for 1 1/2 hours at 275 degrees Fahrenheit or until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.