- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
Orange cauliflower is a healthy and simple recipe to make, perfect for a family dinner or date night.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the head of cauliflower into small florets.
- In a bowl, combine the whole wheat flour and panko bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites.
- Dip each floret in the egg mixture to wet, but not soak, the florets.
- Roll the egg-covered florets in flour mixture and place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake the battered cauliflower for 40 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine water, orange juice, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and Sriracha in a large saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes or until bubbling.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and toss in orange sauce.
This dish is can be served over rice or quinoa for a larger meal. Additionally, the Sriracha adds some heat to this dish. If you don't prefer spicy foods, omit the Sriracha.