How to Make Hot Honey for Sweet & Spicy Goodness
How to Make Hot Honey for Sweet & Spicy GoodnessAnytime an ingredient can do double duty, like sweet and hot, a wish comes true. And the answer to that wish is the deliciously spicy hot honey. Sure, you can grab a bottle of this fiery gold at the store, but… Keep reading »
Browse Topics in Types of Food
There are so many types of food ranging from spicy ethnic food to down-home favorites. The options are endless, even within a particular recipe or type of food. Learning about different kinds of foods gives you the chance to add excitement to your diet staples.
Experimenting With Cooking Techniques
As cultures develop, so do the tools and techniques used in cooking.
- Explore the art of colonial baking using fires and dutch ovens as a way to connect with your historical roots.
- Learn different methods for cooking the same ingredient, such as how to cook lentils in two ways, to find your favorite way to eat something.
- Teach your kids to experiment safely and creatively using Easy Bake Oven food ideas that go beyond the packets you buy for them.
Trying Different Types of Food
Trying foods from different regions of the world or different cooking styles can make cooking and eating more adventurous. If you're hesitant to try new things, check out the ingredients for each recipe then try out the ones that feature flavors you already know you like.
Spanish Style Foods
Many Spanish and Hispanic recipes use lots of cheese and flavorful vegetables.
- Add salsa and refried beans to pizza dough for an easy Mexican pizza.
- Get inspired for the holidays or any weeknight dinner with Spanish Christmas recipes like chorizo stuffed dates.
- Many Mexican recipes are cheap because they use affordable and plentiful ingredients like corn and tomatoes.
Italian Style Foods
When you think of Italian food, two things probably come to mind - pizza and pasta.
- Learning Italian food history shows you which dishes, like cannolis and pesto, are traditionally Italian.
- Make your own classic Italian recipes such as homemade marinara sauce and caprese salad.
- Whip up an Italian dessert called walnut and ricotta cake to wow dinner guests.
Asian Style Foods
From China and Japan to Korea and Vietnam, Asian style foods are often simple and clean.
- Easy sushi recipes use simple ingredients like rice, fish, and vegetables you can roll up in a store-bought seaweed wrapper.
- Make your own Japanese snacks like Mizu Yokan with a few specialty ingredients such as agar and common ingredients such as sugar.
- If you need a quick Asian appetizer, try making easy Asian dumplings with Hoisin dipping sauce.
Get Creative With Food
Once you understand what differentiates the various types of foods and cuisines, you can start to customize all your meals. Follow the recipes step-by-step or blend in your favorite ingredients and make these recipes your own.