Ingredients for Steamed Custard Recipe 1
- 1 egg and 1 extra yolk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 level tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- Beat the eggs, add the sugar and salt and beat again; add the milk, mix thoroughly and turn into two custard cups; set in a steamer over boiling water, cover and let cook until firm.
- The water should not boil during the cooking.
- A double boiler may replace the steamer or the cups may be set in a pan of water in the oven or on top of the range.
- Finish while hot by grating a little nutmeg over the top of the custards.