Ingredients for Pablano Cream Sauce Recipe
- 6 fresh pablano peppers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Roast the pablanos over an open flame or under a broiler until they are charred on all sides.
- Roll the peppers up in foil and let them sweat for about 10 minutes. This makes the peels easier to remove.
- Take the peppers out of the foil, peel them, and remove the seeds.
- Combine the peppers and the broth in a food processor, and process them until the mix is very smooth.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter, taking care not to let it brown.
- Add the pablano mix, garlic, and salt, and stir well.
- Add the cream cheese and continue stirring until the cheese is fully melted and blended with the pepper mix.
- Pour the sauce over chicken or fish and serve.