Ingredients for Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, melt the butter over a low heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour; continue to heat and stir for about 1 1/2 minutes, until the flour and butter form a roux.
- Add the cream and wine, whisking thoroughly to break up any lumps.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the fresh lemon juice. Also whisk in the salt and pepper, as well as any additional seasoning if desired.
- Return pan to a low heat, and continue cooking and whisking until the sauce becomes creamy.
This sauce is delicious poured over pasta, vegetables, chicken, and seafood. To make a lemon herb cream sauce, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, basil, parsley or tarragon during step 4.