Ingredients for Sardine Canapes Recipe 2
- 6 portions prepared bread
- 6 large sardines
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Worcestershire sauce
- Pickled beets
- 6 large olives
- 24 thin slices lemon
- Remove skin and backbone.
- Flake the sardines with a fork and season with lemon juice, salt and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread the prepared bread with this mixture and decorate by placing in the center of each canape a small circle of pickled beet.
- Cut a slice from the end of a large olive so that it will stand firmly and place this in the center of the beet.
- A narrow border of finely chopped beet may be placed around the edge of the canape with good effect.
- Garnish the plate with four thin slices of lemon placed symmetrically.