If you need to fix dinner fast then these quick chicken recipes are just what you're looking for.
Quick Chicken Recipes
Stir-fry is quickly becoming a very popular way to prepare dinner. This is because people think of stir-fry as fast cooking and if you are looking to prepare dinner fast, stir-fry is one very good option. Most stir-fry chicken recipes will tell you to use exotic-sounding vegetables, but fear not. If you look in your supermarkets frozen foods section, you are bound to find a vegetable stir fry mix. All you need to add is some fresh ginger root and green onions to round out the vegetables. Once you try this recipe, I'm sure that you will add it to your collection of quick chicken recipes.
This quick chicken recipe can be made in 20 minutes start to finish.
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger root
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chili seeded and with the ribs removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced on the bias
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 cup of baby corn
- 1 large mango
- 2 tablespoons of light vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken thin lengthwise.
- Place the chicken slices into a bowl with the ginger, garlic, and chili.
- Toss the chicken strips to coat with the mixture.
- Cover and let rest in your refrigerator while you slice the bell pepper into thin slices.
- Slice the scallions.
- Cut the snow peas in half diagonally.
- If you like, you can slice the corncobs in half as well.
- Dice the mango.
- Mix together the wine, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes
- Add the bell pepper and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the scallions, peas, and baby corn.
- Add the mango and then the wine mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The chicken breasts used in this recipe are pounded to 1/8th of an inch thick and because of that the chicken cooks very quickly. What makes this a quick chicken recipe is that the sauce is made right in the pan, making this a one-pot wonder as well.
- 1 1/4 pounds of chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- One ounce (about 3 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 3 table spoons of butter
- ¼ cup of chopped Italian parsley
- You will need to pound the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness of ¼ inch. The best way to do this is to place a large sheet of plastic wrap on your cutting board and then place one of the chicken breasts on the plastic wrap.
- Fold over one side of the wrap so that it covers the chicken.
- Using you meat pounder, pound the chicken breasts to the needed thickness (1/4 inch).
- This may seem like it'll take a long time, but it really only takes a minute per breast.
- Once the chicken breasts are pounded out, salt and pepper them and let them rest, covered, in the refrigerator while you prepare the breading mixture.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well.
- Place the flour on a plate and salt and pepper it well.
- In another bowl, mix together the wine, broth, and lemon juice.
- Using a large heavy frying pan (I like cast iron for this), heat the oil and butter.
- Once the oil is very hot, take the chicken out of the refrigerator.
- Dip one chicken breast in the flour, then in the egg. Let the excess egg drip off the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the pan and do the next piece of chicken.
- Only dip as many pieces of chicken that will fit in the pan at one time.
- After the chicken is lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes, flip it over and cook the second side for three minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place it on a plate and cover the plate loosely with foil.
- Follow this procedure for all the chicken pieces.
- Once all the chicken has been cooked, pour the wine mixture into the pan.
- Cook until the liquid has been reduced and has thickened, you may want to increase the heat.
- Add the parsley and return the chicken to the pan.
- Cook for one or two more minutes.
- Serve with pasta.