Pecan pie is a classic southern staple that is fun to make and delicious to eat. It is easy to mix up and only requires a few ingredients. Pecan pie uses just a bottom crust that does not need to be pre-baked, making it simple for any baker to create at home.
Simple Pecan Pie Recipe
- 4 1/2 ounces sugar
- 4 1/2 ounces light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 ounce butter, melted
- 4 ounces pecans, whole or pieces
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, light corn syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Once all the ingredients are completely mixed, add the melted butter.
- Place unbaked pie crust into a pie pan.
- Cover the bottom of the pie crust with the pecans.
- Pour the filling over the pecans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until done.
- Check the pie at about 30 minutes to make sure the top is browning evenly. If it is not, then rotate the pie.
Try a delicious variation on the classic pecan pie. For example, you can use mini pie shells, divide the filling evenly amongst them, and make individual pies. As a special treat, add 1-1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the filling for a fudge-like pie. Finish the pie with a dollop of cream and a sprig of fresh mint. No matter how it is served, pecan pie is a favorite and it is sure to be one of the first desserts to disappear at any gathering.