If you want to make peanut butter made from raw peanuts, you might be surprised to find out how simple it can be. Raw peanut butter is a tasty treat that pairs well with many foods.
Peanut Butter Made from Raw Peanuts
Fresh foods truly taste the best. There's nothing quite like a meal or food that you've created from scratch. Sadly, most people today don't have the time to give their families a wholesome meal or raw food product made from their own two hands. Luckily, the process of making nut butter takes very little time and is far cheaper than its commercially processed cousin.
How to Make Raw Peanut Butter
Follow these directions for peanut butter made from raw peanuts.
What You Will Need
Create a tasty peanut butter your whole family will love with a few simple ingredients and a food processor.
- 2 cups raw peanuts*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil (peanut or vegetable oil work well)
- Salt to taste
- Note: If you prefer to use roasted peanuts, follow the directions below for roasting peanuts.
Follow these steps to make raw peanut butter.
- Remove peanuts from their shells.
- Place raw peanuts in the food processor, and grind until the nuts are chopped very finely.
- Scrape the bowl so the ground nuts are at the bottom.
- Add the oil, cover, and process again.
- If the peanut butter is not as smooth as you would prefer, add more oil, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste, and process until the seasoning is distributed throughout the peanut butter.
How to Roast Peanuts
Roasting peanuts is a simple way to bring out the flavor of the nuts and takes very little time.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread shelled peanuts evenly across a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately five to seven minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning or scorching.
- Allow the peanuts to cool before transferring to the food processor.
Ideas for Raw Peanut Butter
There are many ways to make a basic raw peanut butter recipe even better. Consider the following tips and tricks when making this delicious nut butter from scratch.
- Blend in some sugar. If you want a sweeter peanut butter, add some sugar at the same time that you add salt. The sugar will sweeten the butter, and you can add as much as you like to impact the taste.
- Add honey. A natural sweetener, honey is a great way to add a creamy, sweet taste to your nut butter without using refined white sugar.
- Consider using almonds, cashews, or a blend of nuts to create your nut butter. Different nuts provide various tastes and textures that make an even more flavorful butter.
- Add maple syrup. Much like honey, maple syrup sweetens and gives the nut butter a new depth of flavor.
- Add chocolate chips or freshly chopped nuts after processing. If you like the taste of crunch peanut butter, stir in chopped nuts by hand. To really spice up your nut butter and give it a truly unique flavor, add in a few chocolate chips.
How to Eat Raw Peanut Butter
There are many uses for peanut butter made from raw peanuts. Of course, there's the typical peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but don't let your creativity stop there. Many people like to use the butter as a dip for vegetables, crackers, or pretzels. You can also use it to top baked goods or warm breakfast cereals.