Ingredients for Marshmallow Frosting Recipe
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 pound marshmallows, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat 2 tablespoons milk and 6 tablespoons sugar over burner; boil 6 minutes without stirring.
- Meanwhile, in double boiler heat 1/4 pound cut marshmallows.
- When marshmallows are very soft add 2 tablespoons boiling water.
- Cook, stirring, until smooth.
- Using an egg beater or stand mixer, beat sugar solution into marshmallows. Keep beating till partly cool.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Use at once.
- This should cover a layer cake or one dozen cupcakes.