Fluffy white, sweet fruit dip made from marshmallow fluff is practically a party staple. There are few things easier to put together for a great party than marshmallow fruit dip.
Basic Recipe for Marshmallow Fluff Dip
This basic recipe makes about 14 servings if each serving is two tablespoons. Serve with a pound of fruit or double the recipe for two pounds.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Serve in a large bowl with fresh fruit for dipping.
Store the dip in a sealed plasticware container. Stored properly, you can keep this dip for up to a week.
Make It Stand Out
Looking for something to take your fluff dip up a notch? Try these variations for a fabulous fruit platter.
- Strawberry Dip - Make the recipe as above, but use strawberry fluff instead of plain marshmallow fluff. This dip goes especially well with kiwi, nectarine, banana, and pineapple.
- Add Juice - Add two tablespoons of juice to this tasty dip to make it really stand out. Orange juice is a traditional favorite, but lemonade and fruit nectars work especially well too.
- Go Tropical - Omit the vanilla and add one can (8-ounce) of cream of coconut and one cup of shredded coconut for a tropical flavor. This dip goes especially well with fruits like pineapple or kiwi.
- Boozy Fruit Dip - You can substitute amaretto or rum flavoring for the vanilla for a boozy-flavored, but non-alcoholic, treat. Serve with strawberries for a romantic twist.
- Bacon Maple - Substitute maple flavoring for vanilla and add one-half cup bacon bits to the dip. Serve with any kind of fruit or cubed pound cake.
- Chocoholic's Delight - Make this dip chocolate by adding two tablespoons of chocolate syrup. If you want a little crunch, add one package of chocolate covered toffee bits. Serve with cherries or strawberries.
- S'mores - Add crushed graham crackers and mini chocolate chips to your dip and mix in thoroughly. Top the dip with crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. In addition to the fruit, serve vanilla wafers or graham cracker sticks.
- Spice it Up - Add one teaspoon of cinnamon to the dip for a winter gathering.
Elevate Your Fruit Tray
Fruit platters are versatile additions to any party. Elevate your platter with this classic dip and have your guests raving about the fruit!