- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, divided
Filling and Dip
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoni or turkey pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce (for dipping)
Allow enough time for the dough to rise when you make this recipe.
- Combine yeast, water and sugar in small bowl and stir until yeast dissolves; let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil to the mixture.
- Mix 1 cup of water with salt in a large bowl and add yeast mixture to it.
- Stir the dough until batter becomes thick.
- Add additional flour until dough becomes stiff.
- Place ball of dough onto a floured flat surface and knead it.
- Add small amounts of flour while kneading the dough until you've reached about 2 cups of total flour used.
- Cover the dough and let it rise until it's doubled in volume (about an hour).
Filling and Assembly Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch dough into a large rectangle shape.
- Top dough with basil, garlic salt, pepperoni, and cheeses.
- Roll dough plus filling up into a log shape and cut it into 1-inch slices.
- Place pizza rolls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake the rolls for about 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
Servings: About 8
Try one of these substitutions and variations to make this recipe your new favorite.
- Instead of making your own pizza dough from scratch, use one can of premade store-bought pizza dough.
- Use sausage, ground beef, or Canadian bacon instead of pepperoni.
- Add veggies, such as mushrooms, onions, green peppers, or olives, to your rolls before baking.
- Place 1/2 cup of pesto sauce or pizza sauce on top of the dough before you add toppings to it and roll it up.