Ingredients for Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
Makes seasoning for 2 pounds of meat
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or powdered cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small container.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
This recipe can be made in smaller or larger quantities simply by adjusting ingredients proportionally. If you increase the recipe (or only need to season one pound of meat), store extra in an airtight storage container.
Feel free to weaken ingredients to taste - for example, feel free to increase or reduce the pepper if you prefer a milder or spicier flavor. Simply increase another item in proportion to any additions or reductions you choose to make.
Making Taco Meat with the Seasoning Mix
Taco Meat Ingredients
- Prepared taco seasoning recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup water or 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with green chiles (such as Rotel)
To season taco meat with the seasoning mix:
- Add entire recipe to prepared ground beef.
- Stir in water or canned tomatoes with green chiles.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.