Ingredients for Lemon Sherbet Recipe 1
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups sugar
- Juice of 6 lemons
- 2 pasteurized egg whites
- In a pan, bring 1 quart of water and 2 cups sugar to a boil.
- Once mixture turns to a syrup consistency, remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture and stir until is it incorporated.
- Allow to cool and then strain into a bowl.
- Beat the 2 egg whites in a separate bowl.
- In a freezer safe container, add the egg whites to the mixture.
- Place in freezer until sherbet is a firm consistency.
- For a special touch, serve sherbet in hollowed out lemons.