Ingredients for Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
- 1 carcass from a roast turkey
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Leftover stuffing (optional)
- Kettle of cold water
- Take the carcass and all that is left of a roast turkey.
- Cut all the good bits of meat from the bones and put it aside by itself. Take out any stuffing and set it aside.
- Crack the bones and put them with any scraps of meat in a kettle with enough cold water to well cover them.
- Add onion, salt, and a little pepper and simmer.
- After simmering for two hours or until the bones are clean, strain through a colander, cool, and remove the fat.
- Add the sliced meat, both light and dark, in the proportion of 1 cup to a quart of stock and heat through.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the stuffing.
- Let all simmer together for half an hour and serve.
- If there is no stuffing left, add more seasoning, and thicken with browned flour and butter.
Chicken or any other fowl or game can be used in the same way..