Ingredients for Indian Cornmeal Puff Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Put the milk in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a slow boil (205 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer).
- Sprinkle the cornmeal very slowly into the milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumping.
- Add the sugar and nutmeg.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle the beaten eggs to the mix, stirring all the time.
- Pour into a greased, 8-inch round baking dish.
- Set dish in a pan of water and place in the center of the middle oven rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the pudding comes out clean.
Tip: Place the baking dish into a 9x9x1.5 inch square pan, but do not add the water. Pull out the oven rack and place the pan on it, and then add about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water. It's much easier to do it this way, and the pan is not as heavy or hard to move.