Ingredients for Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
Makes approximately three, 12-ounce servings
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries
- 1 pint of vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 cup of milk (your choice of whole, 2 percent, or skim)
- Hull the strawberries and cut them in half.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Process until smooth (approximately 45 - 60 seconds).
- Test before serving, adding additional time if needed for desired smoothness or adding more milk to adjust consistency.
There are plenty ways to vary this basic recipe for a strawberry milkshake. Consider:
- If you like your shakes thinner, add a bit more milk or even a few splashes of water.
- If the initial concoction is a bit too thin, add more ice cream or a few ice cubes and blend for 10 - 15 seconds longer.
- Blend in a few teaspoons of sugar or other sweetener (stevia, Splenda, etc.) if you like an even sweeter milkshake.
- For a silkier texture, blend in a small amount of strawberry or vanilla yogurt. Start with 2 tablespoons, adding more as needed to get to the texture you prefer.
- Use frozen strawberries instead of fresh.
- Enhance the fruit flavor by blending in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of another fruit that pairs well with strawberry, such as other types of berries, kiwi, or banana.
- Reduce carb count by using Hood Calorie Countdown Whole Dairy Beverage instead of milk and a reduced carb ice cream such as Breyers CarbSmart.
Serving suggestions to consider include:
- Garnish the side of the glass with a whole strawberry and a sprig of mint. Cut a slit in the strawberry to set it on the rim of the glass.
- Top off the shake with a generous portion of whipped cream.
- Add a few sliced chopped or sliced strawberries to the top.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on top of the shake.
- Fill the glass halfway up, drop in some chopped strawberries, then fill to the top.
- Invest in a set of classic soda fountain shoppe glasses if you plan to serve milkshakes often.
- Be sure to include a straw.
© 2021 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.