Fresh peaches pair beautifully with creamy ice cream, making a delicious cool dessert. Making your own peach ice cream is a wonderful way to enjoy these delicious flavors.
How to Make Ice Cream with Peaches
You can make your peach ice cream with classic flavors, or dress it by adding extra ingredients.
Classic Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh peaches
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided (3/4 cup plus 1/2 cup)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a small bowl, combine chopped peaches and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bowl and drain, reserving the juice.
- Cover peaches and return them to the refrigerator.
- Whisk eggs until light, about two minutes.
- Whisk in remaining sugar in 1/4 cup additions until well combined.
- Add milk and cream, and whisk until all ingredients are blended.
- Add reserved peach juice and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer and pack layers of ice and rock salt around the ice cream container, adding more as needed while the freezer cranks.
- When the ice cream maker begins to slow down and ice cream is thick, add peaches. Continue freezing and turning for a few more minutes, until ice cream is thickened completely.
Spiced Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream
- 2 cups canned peaches, drained
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a blender or food processor, pulse peaches for about 10 one-second pulses.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Stir in peaches and mix well.
- Pour into an ice cream freezer and pack layers of ice and rock salt around the container, adding more as needed while the freezer turns.
- When freezer can no longer turn, ice cream is done. Freeze or serve.
Bourbon and Brown Sugar Peach Ice Cream
- 4 medium fresh peaches, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Combine peaches, heavy cream, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Strain into a heavy saucepan.
- Simmer over medium high heat for two minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add salt and bourbon.
- Seal in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight, or about 12 hours.
- Transfer to an ice cream freezer.
- Pack freezer with alternating layers of ice and rock salt, adding more as needed. When ice cream stops turning, chill in freezer for another two hours before serving.
Like other fresh fruit ice creams, peach ice cream combines the sweetness of the fruit with the creaminess of ice cream, making a delicious summer treat by itself or as an accompaniment to cake or pie. Try the variations to add a little spin on traditional peach flavored ice cream.