- 6 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 13-ounce cans of evaporated milk (skim or whole)
- 1 14-ounce can of condensed milk (sweetened)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ quarts of milk (whole, skim or 2 percent)
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs with a mixer for approximately five minutes.
- Add sugar, evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla, and one quart of the milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a two-quart ice cream freezer.
- Pour in a sufficient quantity of the remaining milk to reach the fill-line on the canister.
- Be sure to avoid overfilling.
- Freeze following manufacturer's instructions for your specific ice cream freezer model.
You can create a number of flavor varieties following this basic recipe, simply by stirring in additional ingredients before transferring the ice cream mixture to the freezer. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Make fruit-flavored ice cream by stirring in two cups of mashed fruit and additional sugar. You can vary sugar by taste; start with ½ cup of sugar per cup of mashed fruit.
- Create chocolate/peppermint ice cream by stirring in a few cups of crushed hard peppermint candies and a six-ounce bag of milk chocolate chips.
- Prepare cookies and cream ice cream by mixing in four cups of crushed cookies (whatever variety you prefer).
- Enjoy rocky road ice cream by stirring in a six-ounce bag of chocolate chips and four cups of miniature marshmallows; add nuts if desired.
Don't limit yourself to the suggestions provided here - add your favorite ingredients to create your own unique combinations.
© 2023 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.