Ingredients for Hamburger Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 small onion, diced small
- 1 large egg
- Prepared mashed potatoes, about 3 cups
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread crumbs in bowl to soak up milk.
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, bread crumb-milk mixture, and egg. # Place mixture evenly in a 9-inch pie tin.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 35 minutes.
- Place mashed potatoes on top of casserole; sprinkle cheese on top of mashed potatoes.
- Return to oven for 10 additional minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are thoroughly heated.
- If desired, sprinkle hamburger casserole with paprika.