Ingredients for Green Chai Tea Recipe
- 1/3 cup loose green tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons loose black tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 6 whole cloves (or 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Milk (may substitute soy or rice milk)
- Blend all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place 1/2 of the mixture into a tea pot and add boiling water.
- While the tea is steeping, heat an amount of milk equal to the amount of tea brewed.
- Steep until tea is of the desired strength.
- Strain and pour into a mug, filling halfway.
- Add the warm milk to the mug and blend with the tea.
This recipe makes enough for 2 generous pots of green chai tea. You may also store the blended dry mixture to use later.
Optional: Try pouring your green chai tea over ice for a refreshing summer drink. .