Ingredients for French Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- Mix gradually the eggs, flour and sugar.
- Add the milk and melted butter slowly.
- The mixture will be quite thin.
- Mix and beat well.
- Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time in well greased (buttered preferably) frying pan, spreading the mixture by a turning movement in the frying pan until it starts to thicken.
- The pancake must be thin and cooked on both sides.
- Serve with powdered sugar.
- The habit of rolling jam or other sweet mixture, or adding flavoring (as lemon, nutmeg, or cinnamon) in the pancakes is optional.