It's summertime, which means it's time to start planning your Fathers Day dinner. This summer holiday, which follows right on the coattails of Mothers Day, deserves extra attention to detail. Why not surprise your dad with a homemade dinner? Think of all those afternoons he spent assembling bicycles and building tree forts when you were a kid!
What to Do for Dinner?
Summer holidays are the perfect time for planning an outdoor event. Since Dad's Day falls in June, the weather is probably nice wherever you are - so take advantage of it! For Fathers Day, consider taking over the position of "Captain Barbecue" and let your dad sip a cold one while you take care of the rest.
Depending on your dad's preferences and lifestyle, there are many things you can prepare for his special outdoor meal. Does he like red meat or does he prefer chicken? Does he go bonkers over grilled salmon? What kind of sides does he like?
Grilling for Fathers Day Dinner
If you want to grill something special for Fathers Day, here are some ideas that you can incorporate into an impressive summer menu.
- Grilling Country Style Ribs - Country style ribs are a great main course for a hot summer afternoon. These ribs will have your dad licking the plate (or at least his fingers).
- Chicken on the Grill - Chicken never tastes so good as when it's been grilled. It goes well with any side and will please even the pickiest eater.
- Smoked Salmon Glaze Recipe - If your dad prefers a lfish dinner, there's nothing better than smoked salmon. He'll love it!
- Grilling Corn on the Cob Recipe - Corn is the quintessential summer vegetable. Ears of sweet white corn go amazingly well with almost any grilled entrée and they're quick and easy to prepare.
- Grilled Asparagus - When prepared on a grill, asparagus takes on a whole new personality. This tasty side is one of the healthier things you can cook on a barbecue.
- Classic Potato Salad Recipes - What's more summery than potato salad? This is quite possibly the perfect picnic food.
What About Dessert?
- Lemon Pie Recipe - Lemons and summer go hand in hand. A lemon pie will be the perfect end to a great day.
- Strawberry Cobbler Recipe - If you've never made strawberry cobbler, you're in for a special treat. This sweet recipe is an amazing addition to an outdoor meal.
Planning a special Fathers Day dinner is a great way to show your dad you care about him. Here are a few more ideas, in case you're still stumped for ideas.
- Love You Father has some great menu options, including brunch and breakfast.
- Celebrating Fathers Day has some hilarious themed ideas that are sure to entertain both you and your dad.