Ingredients for Egg And Sardine Canapes Recipe
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, yolks separated from whites
- 12 sardines, boned and skinned
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- Finely chop the egg whites.
- Rub the egg yolks through a sieve.
- Combine sardines with a little oil from the can with half the sifted yolks; mix to a paste and season with salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice.
- Cut thin slices of bread into small rounds with a biscuit cutter; saute in butter until light brown on both sides.
- When cool, spread with the sardine paste, decorate the edges with the chopped whites, and sprinkle the remaining sifted yolks in the center of each round.