This makes six servings.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 (3 ounces) package vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- Tortilla or pita chips for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high until it shimmers.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about five minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted, about two minutes more.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Cool the spinach mixture.
- In a food processor, combine the onion and spinach mixture with the artichokes, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Tabasco, salt and cheese. Pulse for 10 to 20 one-second pulses until well combined.
- Spread in an 8-inch square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the dip is bubbly.
- Serve hot with the tortilla or pita chips for dipping.
Consider the following variations:
- Add some acid by including the grated zest of one lemon when you add everything to the food processor.
- Omit the onions, oil and fresh spinach. Instead, skip the cooking and use 2 cups of frozen spinach, thawed and drained, adding it to the food processor with the remaining ingredients. Continue the recipe as written.
- Add 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms, cooking them with the onions.
© 2022 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.