Ingredients for Easy Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cans diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Once oil is heated, sauté onions, pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Combine tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can either serve the cheese separately or add the cheese before serving.
- Serve sauce over cooked spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
- If you would like to add meat to your sauce, brown 1/2 pound of lean ground beef with the onions, peppers and garlic.