Chocolate desserts are a decadent way to finish a meal. Just because they look stunning doesn't mean they have to be a lot of work. Choose one of these simple dessert recipes that can be made in no time and is sure to please your guests.
Simple Chocolate Desserts
Try the following desserts for your next gathering and delight your guests with a tasty chocolate treat.
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 3-1/4 cups cold whole milk
- 1 tub whipped topping, 12 ounces
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding, 3.9 ounces each
- 1-1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Using a food processor or a rolling pin, crush the cookies into fine crumbs and place in a large bowl. Mix in the melted butter.
- Using a fork, combine the butter into the cookie crumbs. Once butter is mixed in, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to firm and chill.
- Using a mixer, mix the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add in two tablespoons of milk and the sugar, and mix well.
- Use half of the whipped topping and add to the sugar mixture. Spread this mixture over the crust layer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chocolate instant pudding with remaining milk. Whisk until the pudding starts to thicken.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Allow the dessert to rest for 5 minutes or until the pudding begins to firm.
- Spread the whipped topping over the top of the dessert.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips and place in freezer for one hour before serving.
No Bake Chocolate Wine Balls
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Port wine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Use the bowl of a large food processor and combine the wafers, cocoa, and almonds.
- Pulse until crumbs begin to form. You will want a fine crumb for best results.
- Add the corn syrup and wine to the crumb mixture, and mix until well blended.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll into one inch balls.
- Dip each chocolate ball into powder sugar.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- The recipe makes approximately four dozen balls.
Mississippi Mud Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows, 10.5 ounces
- 1 tub of prepared chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes until toasted.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and semisweet chocolate on high for one minute or until melted and smooth. Check every 30 seconds and stir.
- Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and salt into the melted chocolate.
- Pour batter into a greased jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- While warm, sprinkle evenly with miniature marshmallows.
- Place back into oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle the frosting over the warm cake and garnish with toasted pecans.
End your meal with a sweet chocolate dessert. From cakes to cookies, there are a wide variety of desserts that are easy to make and will impress anyone.