Ingredients for Pumpkin Juice Recipe
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Combine the apple juice, pineapple juice, and water in a bowl and mix.
- Gradually add the honey and pumpkin, stirring with a whisk to incorporate it. Add the spices and mix well.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a pitcher.
- Cover and chill for a few hours before drinking.
Serves 6 to 8
Variations and Tips
Try these tips for success:
- You can heat this mixture for a wonderful hot beverage. After the mixture is strained, pour it into a saucepan and heat until steaming. Serve with a cinnamon stick.
- Be sure you don't use pumpkin puree; use solid-pack canned pumpkin. Pumpkin puree has sugar and spices added and the drink will be too sweet.
Pumpkin juice is a popular beverage served at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios. The drink is based on the one in the Harry Potter book series, where wizards drink pumpkin juice instead of orange juice. Pumpkin juice isn't really made by juicing a pumpkin; it is made of canned pumpkin blended with fruit juices and spices and strained.