Ingredients for Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 cup of 2 percent milk, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Whisk 1/4 cup of milk with sugar, salt, and cocoa in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until dry ingredients dissolve.
- Add remainder of the milk to the sauce pan, and whisk mixture until hot.
- Stir in vanilla and let the hot cocoa cool.
- Blend the cooled hot chocolate with ice in a blender. Pour into glass.
- Add optional garnishments and enjoy!
Alternative Frozen Option
If you don't care for a blended frozen drink, you can pour the cooled hot cocoa over ice.
Add-ins and Garnishments
Try adding in or garnishing your frozen hot cocoa with these options:
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Whipped cream
- Mint extract
- Slivered almonds
- Chopped peanuts
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Peanut butter cups
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate ice cream
- Sliced bananas