Ingredients for Doughnuts Recipe 7
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Flour to roll
- Cream the butter and add half of the sugar.
- Beat egg until light, add remaining sugar, and combine mixtures.
- Add three and one-half cups flour, mixed and sifted with baking powder, salt, and spices; then enough more flour to make dough stiff enough to roll.
- Toss one-third of mixture on floured board, knead slightly, pat, and roll out to one-fourth inch thickness.
- Shape with a doughnut cutter, fry in deep fat, take up on a skewer, and drain on brown paper.
- Add trimmings to one-half remaining mixture, roll, shape, and fry as before; repeat.
- Doughnuts should come quickly to top of fat, brown on one side, then be turned to brown on the other; avoid turning more than once.