Ingredients for Doughnuts Recipe 5
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 & 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Corn oil for deep frying
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix together the three tablespoons of corn oil, sugar, salt, and spices.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
- Add the milk to the first mixture.
- Beat in the flour mixture, turn on a slightly floured board and roll to one-third inch thickness.
- Shape with a doughnut cutter and fry in deep corn oil heated to 350 degrees.
- Turn as soon as they rise to the surface and cook about four minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain on crumpled brown paper and dust with confectioner's sugar mixed with a little cinnamon if desired.
- To freshen, place in a hot oven three or four minutes.