Ingredients for Divinity Fudge Recipe
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped, mixed nuts or mixed dates, figs and raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine corn syrup, water, salt and sugar in a saucepan.
- Boil until a little tried in cold water is brittle, or measures 300 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gradually beat in the boiling syrup.
- Whip until it begins to stiffen, add vanilla and fruit or nuts, beat more and pour into a pan slightly oiled with corn oil.
- When cold cut in squares.