Servings: One 9-inch cake, cut into as many slices as needed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packets Splenda sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon caramel extract
- Pinch of salt
Optional Sugar-free Caramel Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon of caramel extract
- Salt to taste
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of caramel extract, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add whipping cream and whip until mixture is creamy and thick.
- Add 4 packets of Splenda to mixture and stir well. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix 2 tablespoons melted butter, a pinch of salt, and pecans.
- Press pecan mixture onto bottom of pie dish as a crust.
- Place cream cheese mixture on top of crust, spreading it evenly. Add optional topping or cover and place in refrigerator.
Optional Topping Instructions
- Whisk 1/2 cup Splenda with 2 tablespoons water in saucepan over medium-high heat until sweetener dissolves.
- Bring mixture to boil, and whisk every 30 to 60 seconds until it reaches a brown color (about 10 minutes).
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and whisk until melted.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup whipping cream, 1/2 teaspoon caramel extract, and salt to taste until evenly combined.
- Drizzle caramel topping on top of cheesecake.
- Chill cheesecake at least 4 hours.
Carbs: About 5 grams per serving (1/8 cake)
- If you don't have caramel extract, use vanilla as a substitution.
- Top cheesecake with an optional low-carb whipped cream recipe. Beat 1/2 cup cream, 1 packet of Splenda, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until mixture reaches a whipped-cream consistency.
- Place cheesecake crust and mixture (topped with low-carb whipped cream if desired) in six to eight clear glasses, wide-mouth jelly jars, or mason jars instead of a pie dish.
- Use erythritol or stevia in place of Splenda.
Guilt Free Cheesecake
Going low-carb can be difficult, especially if you have a sweet tooth. Choosing low-carb cheesecake means indulging in a rich, creamy treat without the guilt that often comes with high-carb desserts.