Ingredients for Coffee Jelly Recipe
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch salt
- Combine the gelatin and cold water in a medium bowl and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the hot coffee and sugar. Continue stirring until the gelatin and sugar dissolve.
- Take up a small amount of the mixture in a spoon and tilt it in the light. If you can see grains of sugar or gelatin, they have not dissolved completely. Continue stirring until the mixture is clear.
- Stir the honey and salt into the coffee mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a glass 8" square pan.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 5 hours or until the mixture is firm.
- To serve, cut the coffee jelly into 1" cubes. Float in a glass of milk or iced coffee to serve.
Serves 6 to 8
Tips and Variations
- Use your favorite coffee in this recipe. You can use espresso for a strong flavor.
- Adjust the amount of sugar and honey for your taste.
- Only use unflavored gelatin in this recipe. It comes in a small box and each 1/4 ounce is in a separate paper envelope. Don't use flavored Jell-O.
- This jelly is delicious served with coffee ice cream, with some hot fudge sauce poured over. Or add it to a bowl with some heavy cream poured over for a wonderful dessert.
- Mix the coffee jelly cubes with some sweetened whipped cream for another dessert idea.