Ingredients for Banana Split Recipe
- 1 large banana, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce or hot fudge
- 2 tablespoons pineapple sauce or crushed pineapples
- 2 tablespoons strawberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cherry
- Place the three scoops of ice cream next to each other in a small glass serving boat.
- Place banana halves on sides of ice cream (one on each side).
- Top the vanilla ice cream with the pineapple sauce.
- Add chocolate sauce or hot fudge to the chocolate scoop.
- Put the strawberry sauce on top of the strawberry scoop.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top of the ice cream scoops.
- Dollop whipped cream on top of the ice cream scoops.
- Top with a cherry.
- Replace the peanuts with sliced almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, or mixed nuts.
- Add fresh sliced strawberries as a topping.
- Switch up your ice cream flavors (try all chocolate, all strawberry, all vanilla, cherry, banana, mint, or combinations of these flavors).
- Add additional toppings such as chocolate chips, Oreos, M&M'S, sprinkles, gummy bears, shaved coconut or any of your other favorite sweet treats.
- Swap the sauces for caramel syrup, butterscotch syrup, or even marshmallow syrup.