Ingredients for Creamy Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne or rigatoni pasta noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 (5-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup sweet corn, drained
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together oil, milk, cream cheese, soup, and seasonings.
- Stir in tuna, pasta, corn, and 2 cups of cheese.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, let sit about 10 minutes, and serve. Top with chopped parsley after plating.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days, or in the freezer for up to four months.
Servings: about 10
*Optional add-ins: 1 can of peas, carrots, or mixed vegetables (drained)