Ingredients for Corn Fritters Recipe 1
- 2 cups grated sweet corn
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- Enough vegetable oil or shortening to fill a large pan to 1/2" deep
- Heat oil to 375 degrees on the stovetop in a large pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and paprika into a bowl.
- Add corn, celery, and egg yolks.
- Mix to combine well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Working in batches, drop batter by spoonfuls into oil and allow to fry until fritters are golden brown.
- Allow oil to return to 375 degrees between batches.
- Drain fritters on a paper towel.