Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 ounces room-temperature butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large room-temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray for the pan
Optional Decorating Ingredients
- Homemade or canned frosting
- Food coloring
- Piping bag and tips or a zip-top plastic bag
- Sprinkles or other sugar decorations
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 12-inch round pizza pan or similar pan with a low rim with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter-sugar-eggs mixture and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until well distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Pat the dough into the prepared round pan and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until edges are starting to crisp up and middle is almost firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. This can be eaten while still warm and gooey or after it has cooled completely.
Optional Cookie Cake Decorating
If you wish to decorate the cookie cake, cool it completely.
- Using your favorite icing recipe or canned frosting, food coloring, and a piping bag with tips, decorate with a border of stars or scallops around the perimeter of the cake. Use a writing tip to inscribe a message or draw other decorations if this is a celebration cake.
- If you don't have a piping bag or tips, you can place the frosting in a zip-top plastic bag, snip a tiny piece off one corner, and squeeze the frosting out this way.
- If you don't care to pipe at all, simply spread a thin layer of frosting on the entire top of the cookie cake. Add sprinkles for a festive look if desired.
© 2021 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.