- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, stem ends trimmed
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 dried chipotle chili, ground into powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup pico di gallo or salsa
- 2 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese
- In a food processor, combine the lime juice, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, green onions, garlic cloves, jalapeño, chipotle chili, 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Pulse for 20 one-second pulses, or until well combined with the vegetables and herbs finely chopped.
- Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a large zipper bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for four hours. Reserve the remaining 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until it shimmers.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until it browns, about six minutes.
- Add the water, chili powder, dried cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is coated and the water evaporates slightly, about three minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the reserved 2 tablespoons of marinade.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel. Microwave them for one minute.
- To assemble the tacos, spoon the meat on the corn tortillas. Top with the remaining chopped cilantro, pico di gallo or salsa, and crumbled Cotija cheese.
© 2022 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.