Ingredients for Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 pound of cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (or shredded)
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4-ounce) cans of diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream (optional but recommended)
- Combine all ingredients except the whipping cream and sour cream in a slow cooker.
- Stir to combine evenly, then cover.
- Cook chicken mixture on low for about 3 hours.
- Stir in whipping cream and sour cream (if using), and serve!
Servings: About 6
Note: The sour cream is optional. If you prefer more depth and creaminess in your chili then it is highly recommended. If you would rather have a lighter, thinner chili, you can skip it.
Variation Using Raw Chicken
If you'd like to use raw chicken in your chili instead of cooked, follow the recipe above, but with these changes:
- The heat setting should be on high in Step 2.
- Cook for 4 hours in Step 3.
Try topping your chili with one of these ideas:
- Dollops of extra sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Green onions
- Corn chips
Optional Recipe Variations
You can add and substitute ingredients in this recipe, depending on your taste.
- Use vegetable oil or canola oil in place of olive oil.
- Add 1 cup of diced tomatoes to the recipe.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of celery.
- Use pinto beans or chickpeas instead of white beans.
- Add 1/2 cup of olives.
- Use green onions in place of white onions.