Ingredients for Basic Roasted Chicken
Roasting chicken makes chicken the star of the meal.
- 1 roasting chicken, 5 to 6 pounds
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 celery stalk, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch rosemary
- Several sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and dry chicken. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on the inside of the chicken.
- Stuff remaining ingredients in the chicken's cavity.
- Truss chicken and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast for about 90 minutes, until a thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to stand, tented with foil, for 30 minutes before carving.