Ingredients for Cheese Souffle Recipe
- 1 cup cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, or other fat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Make a white sauce of milk, flour, fat, and seasonings.
- Add the cheese and beaten egg yolks and stir until the cheese has melted and the yolks are set.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a buttered dish, or buttered individual molds, and set in a pan of hot water.
- Bake fifteen minutes in a slow oven (300 degrees F.) or until the egg white is set, and serve at once.
- It begins to fall as soon as removed form oven.
- The cheese souffle may be baked in ramekin dishes and served as a cheese course for dinner.