Ingredients for Cheese Canapes Recipe
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Few grains cayenne
- 6 slices of bread
- Toast bread and cut into circular pieces.
- Sprinkle with a thick layer of grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Place each round on a baking sheet; broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve at once.
You can change this basic recipe in many ways.
- Change types of cheese you use, such as Swiss, gouda, cheddar, asiago and other medium or hard cheeses.
- Combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup crab and 1/4 cup parmesan. Place by teaspoonful on bread rounds and top with cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Add broiled shrimp or other animal proteins under the cheese and broil.
- Spread bread with herbed cream cheese. Top with a slice of ham and grated Swiss cheese and broil.
- Top melted cheese with grilled asparagus, cherry tomatoes, or fresh chopped herbs.