If you're looking for cheap, quick, easy dinner recipes, look no further. Below are a few great recipes you'll love and then links to more ideas.
Great Cheap, Quick, Easy Dinner Recipes
When you live a busy lifestyle, stopping to make dinner can feel like one more chore added to your never-ending to-do list. Going out to eat can often feel like the best option, but dining out can be expensive and bad for your health.
Together, the two recipes below will create a menu that is not only fast and cheap, but also healthy and hearty. Instead of a heavy beef burger, turkey can make a satisfying meat dish without causing your cholesterol to soar. The vegetable stir-fry will give your dinner an Asian flair while you enjoy a new way to eat your veggies.
Turkey can be a cheaper and healthier alternative to beef. Turkey burgers fry up fast, lean, and guilt free!
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- Dressings, such as lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickles, ketchup and mustard
- Form turkey into four equal patties.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium flame.
- Once hot, place turkey patties into pan and heat for about four minutes.
- Flip patties and cook until juices run clear when they are pressed with a spatula.
Veggie Stir Fry
There are few better cheap, quick, easy dinner recipes than a vegetable stir fry. They're fun to make and you can cook almost any veggie of your choice this way.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (or sesame oil for a more Asian taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 1 handful of fresh green beans or snap peas, whole
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2" rounds
- In a wok or heavy skillet, heat oil over a medium heat.
- Cook onion until soft, then add in garlic and mushrooms, stirring constantly.
- Cook until mushrooms are partially cooked, about two minutes.
- Add in broccoli and soy or teriyaki sauce, and cook for four minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add in beans and zucchini, stirring constantly. Cook until zucchini is cooked through, about three minutes.
- Enjoy hot!
More Cheap, Quick, Easy Dinner Recipes
There are countless quick dinner recipes on the Internet just waiting for you to go out and find them. Here are a few links that will help you on your search.
- These quick chicken recipes will please even the most picky youngsters.
- Pork Cutlets Forester Style is a super fast dinner recipe that you'll love.
- What's a quick and easy dinner without an equally quick and easy dessert?
- Quick breads make a great lunch or dinner accompaniment.
- Here is an interview with Brenda J. Ponichtera, a registered dietitian and author of several award-winning quick dinner cookbooks.