Ingredients for Canape Caviar Recipe
- 1 baguette, sliced into thin rounds, toasted and buttered
- 4.5 ounces of Russian caviar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, separated into yolks and whites, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- Several crisp lettuce leaves
- Spread 1/8 inches Russian caviar over the top of each piece of buttered toast.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the top of each of the canapés.
- Garnish around the edges of the toast with alternating minced egg whites and yolks.
- Place each round in a crisp lettuce leaf with a tablespoon of finely minced onion on the side.