Ingredients for Beefsteak With Mushrooms Recipe
- Two thick cut filet mignon steaks, about 8 ounces each
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced (or try other seasonal mushrooms)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons of very cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Season filet mignon to taste with salt and pepper and place on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Put steaks in oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- During the last two minutes of cooking, heat grape seed oil in a 12" sauté pan on the stovetop over medium high heat until oil shimmers.
- Remove steaks from oven and reduce heat to 200 degrees.
- Place steaks in hot oil and cook to brown, two minutes on each side.
- Return steaks to the oven to stay warm.
- Reduce heat under sauté pan to medium and melt two tablespoons of butter in the pan.
- Add mushrooms. Allow mushrooms to stay in contact with the pan to brown without moving them, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms and add thyme. Continue to cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are cooked through and moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated, about 3 more minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds, until they release their fragrance.
- Add wine, using a wooden spoon to scrape any bits of meat and mushroom off the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer wine and mushrooms until liquid reduces by 1/2.
- Swirl in butter, one piece at a time to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over the steaks.
© 2006-2021 LoveToKnow, Corp., except where otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.