Ingredients for Basic Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the dry ingredients thoroughly (flour, salt, sugar and baking powder).
- Add the butter, milk and eggs to the dry ingredients and stir until the pancake batter is just blended, with no large lumps.
- Spray a griddle or non-stick frying pan with pan spray or lightly oil, heat it until drops of water sizzle.
- Pour spoonfuls of the pancake batter onto the hot surface. When bubbles rise in each pancake, it is usually time to flip it. Cook until golden brown.
Serve with butter and maple pancake syrup or fruit sauce. Pancakes are also excellent with fresh fruit.