Ingredients for Barbecue Beef Ribs Recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds beef back ribs (about 8 ribs)
Rub for Beef Ribs
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno chile
- 1 large white or brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, and dried red pepper and rub onto the ribs.
- Cook the ribs on a very low barbecue heat for an hour. Check for tenderness; they may need to cook for an additional 30-40 minutes depending on heat and how thick they are.
- Once you have started the ribs on the grill, place all of the barbecue sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Blend and cook over very low heat until the flavor is mellow and tasty.
- When ribs are about 10 minutes from being done, brush the sauce over the beef and increase the heat to allow the sauce to brown.