Ingredients for Banana Roll Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- 1 recipe filling, below
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Spray and flour wax or parchment paper and place in bottom of jelly roll pan.
- On a flat surface such as a counter, spread out a clean, thin towel. Sprinkle towel with powdered sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and sugar and then beat until thickened.
- Add bananas and vanilla to the egg and sugar mixture, and beat until well mixed.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Spread the batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake cake for 15 minutes or until center springs back when touched.
- Loosen bake from edges of the pan and turn over on to the powdered sugar towel.
- Remove pan from the cake, remove parchment paper, and roll cake into the towel.
- Cool cake on a wire rack for an hour.
- Unroll and fill cake.
- 1 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- Make filling by beating together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and extracts until smooth.
- Spread the filling on the cooled cake.
- Begin at one end and begin rolling cake around the filling.
- Place rolled cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, unwrap cake and place on a dish. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into slices.
© 2021 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.